© amy reed
For the last few years, i've been re-purposing Laughing Cow cheese boxes into gift packaging. They're great for wrapping gift cards or jewelry in.
The box always makes a great impression and recipients have fun pulling the string to reveal what's inside.
Here's how to do it yourself...
what you'll need:
- Laughing Cow cheese box
- Wrapping paper with a small print/pattern on it (you can use different ones for the top/bottom/side if you'd like!)
- String (I use red for the holidays) - 18" long
- clip art or photos to paste atop the wrap
- glue, scissors, pencil
how to do it:
- peel away any unwanted, loose label paper from the box
- trace the box twice onto the back of your wrapping paper and cut out the 2 circles (one for the top and one for the bottom)
- cut a strip of wrapping paper 7/8" wide x 15" long
- glue the circles to the top and bottom of box parts
- put your gift into the box (VERY IMPORTANT) and put the top on
- put glue on the back of the paper strip
- (this part can get a little tricky) wrap the string around the box, adhering the strip of paper as you go. when you're done, the strip will have overlapped onto itself and you'll have a tail of string hanging out (for pulling)
- decorate with clip art or photos from your printer
**sometimes I add a little charm to the end of the string, too