Had a big night of sewing tonight. OX is nearly done - not sure Mabel is going to be able to wear it, though -- it's pretty hefty.
I ended up making a sort of shirt-like insert so that the costume can rest on her shoulders. Hoping I got the positioning right so that her eyes meet up with the mouth opening. She's long gone to sleep for the night, so I'll have to try it on her in the morning.
Part way through, I decided to cut the arms off and stuff them and make them unusable. They're still there, but Mabel's hands will just come out of a hole in front for Trick-or-Treating.
I'll start the black stitchwork now - around the eye and mouth and tongue.. then put on the "X" eye.
Post a Comment