spent spare time pulling grass and cat ick out of one of the beds. tested the soil and luckily it's in pretty good shape. to be safe, though - all the veggies are going in pots. i'll use the bed for flowers.
the next bed is really a mess, too. big lesson learned: keep rosemary in a pot! that bush has got to come out and the bed needs to be prepped and filled. flowers for this one - and some herbs for sure.
really looking forward to gardening this year!
in the plan (already have some of the plants):
- early girl tomatoes (at least 2 plants)
- cherry tomatoes (2 plants)
- sweet bell peppers (2 plants)
- ichiban japanese eggplant (2 plants)
- sweet peas (starting from seed in a trellis pot)
- thai basil
- sweet basil
- rosemary (in a POT)
- black-eyed susans
- shasta daisies
- alyssum (to cover the beds around pots)
- lupine (might be too late?)