Friday, August 15, 2008

Lake Huron and Tikis!

3 generations of Stewarts!

We've been stopping at this Pinconning Cheese Shop since I was a tot...

... the perfect place to load up on penny candy (and Michigan wine)!

Beach beauties!

Happy paddling with my man.

Nightly campfire...

Lucy in the firelight.

My nephew dressed up and ready for a show!
Paper Mache masks and bowls in progress.


What a needed getaway! A full week at the Mai Tiki Resort (not really resortish!) on Michigan's Lake Huron. The Mai Tiki was so cute... a bunch of little multi-colored cabins, a giant Tiki sculpture on the beach next to a Tiki hut and bonfire, playground and a great stretch of beach on the lake.

Each of my siblings and my parents got a cabin and we hung together for a week. Swimming, kayaking (we brought our sea kayaks with us), cooking and eating, crafting, making s'mores... we even did karaoke by the bonfire!

Hubby was so amazing. He knew how much I love to kayak and was looking forward to paddling the lake. I was so discouraged by my slow knee recovery I didn't think I'd be able to get in the boats. He made sure that i got into the kayaks (with help cuz my bum knee) several times and we paddled up and down the shore. Thanks, babes.

oh - did I mention that Lake Huron is COLD! :-)

Auntie Erin took Lucy out rock hunting nearly every day and she came home with lots of souvenir stones.

The best part - all of my siblings and my parents were in the same place for the first time in several years. It was GREAT to see my brother. He and his family met Mabel for the first time.

My mom's brother and sisters even surprised us with a visit.

definitely good times... the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! So you know all about the lake thing with the family! I forget, you Michigan folks do the same thing as the WI folks! I LOVE that I get to experience it with my kids!